Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My reflection on my learnings in Techno 1

First, in the last semester of learning and defining Techno guy, I learned that Techno guy is a kind of business utilizing technology as the prime agent in the business.
In Techno guy 1, I learned about the qualities and attitude that a techno guy should possess so that an individual who will venture the field of Techno guy will be successful in his/her endeavor in the engaged business. Generally, we learned about Adversary Quotient, Emotional Quotient, and Intelligent quotient. Even we studied the life of Steve Jobs which we did reflect ourselves as a Techno guy. And at the end of the past semester we had proposed a business proposal in techno guy.
Adversary quotient answers for the question “How much control do you perceive you have?” if you have higher AQ, you can control and manipulate the undesirable situation. And if you have a lower AQ, then you cannot control the situation. it answers for the question “To what extent do you hold yourself responsible for improving this situation?” It measures how you are responsible of what you are doing. Higher AQ can cope up with it and has a lower AQ they feels helpless and there is no other path to solve his/her problem. it answers for the question “To what extent does the adversity extend beyond the situation at hand?” It keeps your atmosphere cold when you have an argument to the other person. it answers the question” How long will the adversity endure?” It identify the patience of a person of how long will he suffer in a problem or a situation. This is only a background of what Adversity Quotient is. And now here is the result of my Adversity Quotient Test. I take from the internet in order for me to know the other sides of my Adversity Quotient. I was take this exam last Thursday and the result of my control is 20, my ownership is 21 which got the highest points, my reach is 17 and my endurance is the same in my reach which is 17 also. The instruction is add the sum of the control, the ownership, the reach and the endurance. And then multiply it by two. I added it all and I have got 75 multiply by 2 and my Adversity Quotient is 150. Weeeh! I am happy that I reach the average score which is 147.5. Lowest rate is 17 this means that in the reach side, I must increase more my patience and controlling my anger. And in my endurance side which is the lowest also, I will increase my fortitude in times whenever I have very hard or almost depressing problems. I also had researched about how to enhance Adversary Quotient, a techno guy must listen to his/her response to adversity, a techno guy must explore all origins and his/her ownership responses. a techno guy must analyze the evidence. And a techno guy must do something not just think.
Emotional Quotient, what’s with emotional quotient? Why do I have to know about these things? Why do I need to know about my personal traits, so many questions and I guess I must answer some of those. First I will answer why do I have to know my emotional quotient? I knew that emotional quotient is on how you interact with other people as a technopreneur we should know how and what the best path to entertain them or how to interact well or even properly. When I took the Emotional Quotient exam of Sir Gamboa I knew that it is not good to alpaths think about the money in order for the company to grow we also need to know the things that can help the growth of the company because upon entertaining and socializing with other people you got to know what they need and what they want as an technopreneur you can make some sort of technologies to be improved that can be sold to the public that you know it can help you at the same time help the people around you. A technopreneur should also know that its not alpaths about “I” but rather “US”. Anyone could say that Emotional Quotient is a requirement for the proper growth or expansion our cerebral capacity. When we talk about positive emotions and the tendency to seek out stimulation and the company of others is extraversion. The trait is marked by pronounced engagement with the external world. Extraverts enjoy being with people, and are often apparent as full of energy. Seek model and enjoy the company of other people. Be compassionate and cooperative rather than doubtful and violent towards others is called agreeableness. The trait reflects individual differences in general concern for social harmony. Agreeable to individual’s value getting along with others. They are generally considerate, friendly, generous, helpful, and willing to compromise their interests with others. Agreeable people also have an optimistic view of human nature. They believe people are basically honest, decent, and trustworthy. Relating to business we need this kind of behavior. Relating to us as the employer of the company we must know the characteristic of our employee if he/she is an honest or trustworthy person. We can trust them especially in their obligations as an employee to our company. Based on the test that we’ve taken it has many ideas that we can contribute if we will become entrepreneur or technopreneur someday. Like how to be a good entrepreneur, but me as an IT student I’ll choose being a technopreneur. Techno guy means entrepreneurship in the field of technology. It is the key to earn money through technology. And it also not easy, because in this kind of industry or business we can’t alpaths assure to our self and business that we alpaths on the top and alpaths the best because there are also other people who are hungry for success in this kind of industry. Because as what I’ve observed today, there are many technopreneur succeed. And I want to become them also someday. There are good situation in the test that we can apply someday. Like how to earn more money, how to manage our own business, to handle employees and many more to become a successful entrepreneur. But being an entrepreneur it is not easy because there are times that we may fail especially in making decisions. Sometimes there are problems that we encounter. But we must not surrender; we must strive to all the problems and make solution of it. We should alpaths think positive and make decisions that can make good to our business.
Intelligence Quotient is derived from one of several different standardized tests designed to assess intelligence. This test is used by the schools for entrance examination for the upcoming students. Like here in our school, they use IQ test as I observed and tested. When I took again the exam in the internet, unfortunately I was not able to have a high score and sorry to say it was only an average. I will not mention what my score is but it is just an average. And I learned about the 5 simple path in how to increase the IQ this by 5 Simple Paths to Increase Your Intelligence, first is to minimize the Television Watching- The problem is watching television doesn’t use your mental capacity OR allow it to recharge. It’s like having the energy sapped out of a muscle without the health benefits of exercise. Second is to exercise, I used to think that I’d learn more by not exercising and using the time to read a book instead. But I realized that time spent exercising alpaths leads to greater learning because it improves productivity during the time afterwards. Using your body clears your head and creates a wave of energy. Afterwards, you feel invigorated and can concentrate more easily. The third is to read challenging books, many people like to read popular suspense fiction, but generally these books aren’t mentally stimulating. If you want to improve your thinking and writing ability you should read books that make you focus. Fourth is to be early to go to bed, so that we can wake up earlier, nothing makes it harder to concentrate than sleep deprivation. You’ll be most rejuvenated if you go to bed early and don’t sleep more than 8 hours. If you stay up late and compensate by sleeping late, you’ll wake up lethargic and have trouble focusing. Lastly, take time to reflect on the situation, often our lives get so hectic that we become overwhelmed without even realizing it. It becomes difficult to concentrate because nagging thoughts keep interrupting. Spending some time alone in reflection gives you a chance organize your thoughts and prioritize your responsibilities. Afterwards, you’ll have a better understanding of what’s important and what isn’t. The unimportant stuff won’t bother you anymore and your mind will feel less encumbered.
The life of Steve Job I reflected apply to me as a techno guy because it will constitute to my challenges as a beginner that will try to achieve the highest possibility for me. It came to my mind after watching the movie entitled Pirate of the Silicon Valley that I could also achieve what Steve Jobs and Bill Gates did achieve in the world of techno guy by doing what is best but I will try my best to do it in the right path unlike to what they have done. I was very inspired by the determination and perseverance of Steve Jobs as well as with Bill Gates, and also I would like to emphasize that Bill Gates has the more will than Steve Jobs because his Microsoft is far smaller than Apple I and also Bill Gates suited his office in the midst of Albuquerque which is that time was very unpopular area for any business or establishing any office while Steve Jobs’ company towered in the city and Steve Jobs’ Apple Company is far richer and have the complete facility than of Bill Gates. But Bill Gates showed strong will to compete and even intruding the company of Steve Jobs. As for me, having faith in God in every step that I will make may seems to far from the topic but surely if Steve Jobs adhere in the principle of God it will held a different story. Actually, what Steve Jobs had done for pixar, the piracy of other’s work is not a crime to ponder it is being wise and those people that Steve Jobs took advantage with would be thankful and even we because without the effort and endeavors of Steve Jobs we are still ignorant about technology. So in every decision I will make and every move I will take, I will make it sure that it is mentioned in my prayer to God. And I’d like to adopt the formula of Steve Jobs in a path that I would revise it into a better scale and also that would suite skills and needs. It may sound pirating from Steve Jobs but not the case, because there is nothing wrong to get ideas if it will apply to you. The reason for Steve Jobs’ ideas would be the fact of everyone is unique and also I have to consider the environment that I am going to establish my own goals. It is a matter that maybe Steve Jobs’ formula in being a successful techno guy will only work for him and not to other techno guy.
Lastly, after I watched the movie entitled Pirates of the Silicon Valley it enlighten me about almost everything pertaining about techno guy, it is fair to said that I feel this inner urge of vying the possibilities that a techno guy holds in his hand and also the excitement and thrill lingers in me because if Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are one of the successful techno guy in the world and made them successful in terms of earning money and lots of money, and so that would be possible to me also because I am a techno guy and I also believe that no techno guy would be less successful if he or she apply the fundamentals and right attitude as a techno guy, so more or less I could foresee that being a successful techno guy would mean a better future but in my case I would not distract me in focusing about the riches that I could have but proving to me that I could also be able to achieve my goals in life whether be as a techno guy or as a individual and of course it would be the grace of God that will bring me to my highest peak of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment